These quotes, all from young adults, were taken from college
classroom discussions. One wonders how some of them made it through
- "The first line is important, and the second line is important, and..."
-- A student, when asked what was important about a literary
- "'Pence' must be some type of offering."
- "It's possible to construct an intelligent sentence without using those
- "I shouldn't be expected to be able to spell."
- "The serpent... the fruit... eating the fruit... sin... you know..."
- "It has to do with, like, you know, the, like, unexpected, like, you
know what I mean? Like, you know, like, like, unexpected, and, umm...you
- "The countess kept telling the old lady that... it's... that... you know
what I mean? Hold on..."
Back to the
Things People Said main page.